Help you Find Information within our archival collection.

Donations of records to State Records

State Records may accept donations of official records of State Government departments and agencies or local councils.

If you hold records which were created by, or once belonged to, an agency or council then please get in touch with Archival Services or phone 8343 6831. Please give a detailed description the records, who created them (or who they belonged to), and their approximate age.

Please do not send donations of records to State Records, without first contacting us.

How can I access school enrolment and admission records?

Public school records

Public school admission registers are permanent records, many are held by State Records.

They are also important records for individuals who need proof of their own education, for purposes such as applying for employment.

Individuals have a right of access to their own admission details, and admission registers which are older than 30 years old are publicly accessible within our Research Centre.