Where an agency has lost or misplaced an official record on loan they will be required to submit a brief to:

  • the Director of State Records and
  • State Records Council

explaining that they have destroyed or abandoned a record without State Records or Council approval.

The brief must include:

  • a description of the record
  • who in the agency loaned the records and for what purpose
  • steps taken to locate the record
  • an outline of the processes that have been put in place to appropriately track official records on loan.