Records transferred to State Records’ custody are considered to have ongoing value to the State and are irreplaceable.
Once ‘archived’ they should not be changed or added to, but may be accessed or copied for reference purposes.
Request records for loan
Authorised agency users can request the temporary loan of record items for which their agency is responsible, where absolutely necessary.
All loans are subject to the Management and Care of Official Records on Loan Standard.
To request records for loan the authorised agency user must:
The Agency Loan Request Form must contain details of the:
- purpose of the loan.
The charge for a retrieval is:
- routine retrieval: $13.50 per item or unit.
- urgent retrieval: $18.30 per item or unit.
State Records may charge for time taken to identify the records if correct details are not supplied. A charge may be applied if the item requested for loan is already at the agency.
The charge is:
- $21.60 per 15 minutes (or part of 15 minutes) or $86.50 per hour.
When a loan becomes overdue a charge of:
- $13.50 will be applied per item or unit.
Collection of loans
Records requested for loan will be available for pick-up from:
State Records at 115 Cavan Road, Gepps Cross 5094.
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Closed vehicles only. Tray top utes must not be used, .
Records may be sent by DX.
Return of loans
Records on loan to agencies may be returned to State Records by:
- courier or
- in person.
For security reasons records must not be returned via post.
Tray top utes must not be used, closed vehicles only.
The return of an item to its location on the repository shelves is a service included in the retrieval fee and does not attract further charge.
The only records that may be returned are those that have been:
- previously transferred to State Records (identified by a GRS/GRG number and other identifiers as well as a barcode on the packaging)
- issued by State Records for loan.
Loan Extensions and Overdue Loans
The usual loan period is 90 days.
If a record is required for longer than 90 days:
- complete an Agency Loan Extension Request Form before the end of the loan period and
- email the form to Loan Services.
When a loan becomes overdue a charge will be applied as per State Records Regulated fees and charges.
It is the responsibility of the authorised agency user to:
- arrange for the return of the records to State Records or
- arrange an extension of the loan.