The State Records Research Centre is located at:
115 Cavan Rd
Gepps Cross, 5094.
Telephone 61 8 8343 6800. The voicemail at this number is regularly monitored.
Opening hours are:
- Tuesday 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Wednesday 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Thursday 9:30am to 4:30pm
The Research Centre is closed on Monday, Friday and public holidays.
Records are delivered to the Research Centre four times per day:
- Records ordered before 8.30am Can be viewed after 9.30am
- Records ordered before 10.30am Can be viewed after 11.30am
- Records ordered before 12.30pm Can be viewed after 1.30pm
- Records ordered before 2.30pm Can be viewed after 3.30pm
- Records ordered after 2.30pm Can be viewed after 9.30am the next day the Research Centre is open.
Assistance with pre-ordering records is available through How to Order Records.
The facility offers some assistance for people with a disability.
Getting to the Research Centre
Free parking is available at our Research Centre.
There are no buses that travel directly from the CBD to a stop near our Research Centre,
if you connect routes you can reach a bus stop within a minute’s walking distance.
Catch any of the following buses from King William St and get off at stop 25, Main North Road, Gepps Cross,
it will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to walk to State Records’ Research Centre.
Then catch the 225 bus or the 255F bus from stop 25, and get off at stop 28, Port Wakefield Road (just outside Stratco).
From here it’s a short walk down Cavan Road to State Records.
Bus 225 only runs every 30 minutes to an hour, so time your connection to suit.
To travel back to the CBD, reverse the process.