State Records of South Australia
Enquiries: please use our online enquiry form
GPO Box 464
Ph: 08 8204 8791
Open Tuesday to Thursday 9:30am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm by appointment.
State Records' Research Centre will be closed from Tuesday 8th June for minor refurbishments.
We plan to re-open on Tuesday 22nd June, by appointment.
115 Cavan Road
South Australia 5094
08 8343 6800
- Government Recordkeeping, Freedom of Information, Privacy, Copyright and Training
For government advice and support on:
- freedom of information
- copyright matters and
- training enquiries
For public enquiries about potential breaches of personal privacy by state government agencies.
08 8204 8791
- Transfers and Government Agency Access to the Collection
Transfers of official records to State Records' custody and government agency access to the archive collection.
08 8343 6831
- Government Agency Loan Services
State and Local Government agency retrievals from the archive collection.
08 8343 6806
- Deaf, Hearing and Speech Impaired
Customers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call through the National Relay Service,
an Australia-wide telephone access service:
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 8204 8791
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 8204 8791
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service (see the NRS website for details) and then ask for 8204 8791.
- Languages other than English
South Australian customers who speak languages other than English and require information translated,
contact the Telephone Interpreter Service on 13 14 50 and ask the interpreter to telephone State Records on 8204 8791.