State Records of South Australia
GPO Box 464
Tel 08 8204 8791
State Records' Research Centre
For information about records in the archive collection.
State Records' Research Centre location and opening hours.
Opening hours are:
- Tuesday 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 9:30am - 4:30pm
115 Cavan Road
Gepps Cross South Australia 5094
Tel 08 8343 6800
Government Recordkeeping Freedom of Information Privacy Training and Copyright
For government advice and support on:
- freedom of information
- copyright matters and
- training enquiries.
For public enquiries relating to potential breaches of personal privacy by state government agencies.
Tel 08 8204 8791
Transfers and Government Agency Access to the Collection
- Transfers of official records to State Records' custody,
- government agency access to the collection.
Tel 08 8343 6831
Government Agency Loan Services
State and Local Government agency retrievals from the archive collection.
Tel 08 8343 6806
National Relay Service (NRS)
Customers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call through the National Relay Service,
an Australia-wide telephone access service:
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 8204 8791
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 8204 8791
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service (see the NRS website for details) and then ask for 8204 8791.
Languages other than English
South Australian customers who speak languages other than English and require information translated,
contact the Telephone Interpreter Service on 13 14 50 and ask the interpreter to telephone State Records on 8204 8791.