State Records of South Australia (State Records) supports state and local government in their management of information through the administration of the:
- State Records Act 1997
- Freedom of Information Act 1991 and the
- Information Privacy Principles Instruction.
State Records also manages the State's copyright commitment.
State Records achieves these responsibilities through:
- setting standards and assisting agencies manage their information assets
- preserving and providing access to the historical records of government
- supporting improved access to government information and
- protecting personal information privacy.
Illuminating the past and present to shape our future
Improving the integrity and accessibility of information to benefit government and the community
Our Strategic Plan 2019 - 2022 establishes a series of goals and strategies for the organisation and outlines how State Records will meet its vision and purpose over the next 4 years.