Records relating to children in care are restricted from general public access for 100 years to 31 December from the last year noted in the record.

We have records of children in care, and a range of Health and Welfare records.

To request permission to access a record from the past 100 years about either yourself or a family member, you will need to make a Freedom of Information application to the Department for Child Protection.

The Department for Child Protection’s website has further information about requesting care leaver information.