Please note that State Records does not offer a research service and cannot respond to requests for research advice. We can however assist with the following services:
- Aboriginal family history – sourcing relevant records, particularly regarding family separated because of past government policies
- Citation – confirmation of the accuracy of archival references
- Access to restricted records – referrals to responsible agencies
- ArchivesSearch technical assistance – ordering records for viewing in the research centre, password problems
- Copying – supplying copies of records from specific references
- Copyright – advice on the copyright status of records
If your enquiry relates to these services, please complete the form below and you will receive a response within four weeks. Please let us know if your enquiry is urgent.