Port Augusta Hospital
The Port Augusta Hospital was opened in 1875 with only two beds and was situated near Flinders Redcliffs. On 23rd March 1910, the Port Augusta Hospital was registered as a training hospital for nurses.
In 1997 an 82 bed hospital was opened to treat the people of Port Augusta, the Flinders Ranges and far northern areas of South Australia. Records relating to this subject were created by Port Augusta Hospital (GA 938).
Records documenting patients and staff at Port Augusta Hospital – series held
Series title and date range
Admission and discharge registers - Port Augusta Hospital, 1875 - 1949
|Open after 80 years||None available. Some volumes are self-indexed|
|GRS 6328||Anaesthetic book - Port Augusta Hospital, 1900 - 1911||Open||Self-indexed|
|GRS 6329||Register of patients, Port Augusta Hospital, 1894 - 1949||Open||None available|
|GRS 6330||Visitor's Book, Port Augusta Hospital, 1889 - 1959||Open||None available|
|GRS 6383||House Committee Visitor's Book, Port Augusta Hospital, 1898 - 1929||Open||None available|
|GRS 6435||Theatre Register, Port Augusta Hospital, 1917 - 1929||Open||None available|
|GRS 7995||Check Department Book (Staff Salaries/Appointments) - Port Augusta Hospital, 1911 - 1931||Open||None available|
Patients' Property Book - Port Augusta Hospital 1923 - 1974
The above is a limited selection of the most useful series only. Descriptions and access conditions for these and other series held, as well as agency descriptions and agency inventories, are available via State Records’ catalogue ArchivesSearch.
Researchers requiring assistance should contact a State Records Reference Officer by:
· visiting the State Records Research Centre
· completing our online enquiry form
· calling us on +61 8 8343 6800.
This Fact Sheet can also be downloaded in PDF format - Port Augusta Hospital